Operating Innr WiFi lights with Alexa
Use voice control to operate your WiFi lighting
Life just got easier: just ask Alexa to control your Innr lights by using voice commands.
Use simple voice command to turn your lights on or off, dim your lights or select your favourite colour for a single light bulb or a complete room, all without you needing to lift a finger.
“Alexa, switch on the lights!”
It’s easy to get started. Tap the “Browse Skills” button in the Alexa App, search for “Innr” and select the Innr Skill. Tap “Enable to use” and authenticate with your Innr for WiFi app user name and password to link your Innr system to Alexa.
Easily control your Innr lights with the Alexa commands. Simply say “Alexa” to get its attention and replace these examples with your own personal light and room settings.
Note: Create your own room(s) and room name(s) in the Alexa app, the room settings in the Innr for Wifi app will not be visible in the Alexa app. The name of the light can be changed in the Innr for Wifi app as well as in the Alexa app.
Here are some of our favourite phrases:
- “Alexa, turn on the lights in the kitchen”
- “Alexa, dim the bedroom lights”
- “Alexa, set the reading light to 50%”
- “Alexa, set the ceiling lamp to red”
- “Alexa, activate good morning”
Basic light commands:
For turning on and off your light, brightening and dimming.
- “Alexa, turn on all the lights”
- “Alexa, make the reading light brighter”
- “Alexa, set the living room lights at 50%”
- “Alexa, brighten the lights in the kitchen”
- “Alexa, dim the ceiling lamp by 20%”
For changing the white colours and for adding some fun colours.
- “Alexa, make the dinner lights warmer”
- “Alexa, make my reading light whiter”
- “Alexa, set my bedroom light to gold”
- “Alexa, set the kitchen lights to sky blue ”
- “Alexa, turn my ceiling lamp to lavender”
There are many other colour names you can use, including but not limited to: warm white, soft white, white, daylight white, cool white, red, crimson, salmon, orange, gold, yellow, green, turquoise, cyan, sky blue, blue, purple, magenta, pink and lavender.
Light scene commands:
For activating a scene (routine) to your light(s) or room(s)
- “Alexa, activate Family Time in the kitchen”
- “Alexa, set the living room lights to Relax”
- “Alexa, turn on Work in the office”
- “Alexa, activate Good Morning in the bedroom ”
- “Alexa, turn on Good Night in the bedroom”
You can edit and enable/disable a scene in the Alexa app.
Simply say “Alexa” to get its attention and replace these examples with your own scene settings.
Alexa is so smart that you don’t need to use these exact commands. Feel free to change them to best suit you everyday speech and lifestyle.
Just say “Alexa”, ask your question and Alexa is ready to help you.
Operating via Zigbee requires a bridge or a hub. WiFi doesn’t need those.
Yes and no. The WiFi bulbs use the new Innr for WiFi app and at this point it’s only usable with WiFi bulbs. The Innr Zigbee bulbs can be controlled with our existing Innr app when the lights are linked to the Innr Bridge. In the near future, it will be possible to use Innr WiFi and Zigbee bulbs together in one app.
You can use the WiFi bulbs with both Google Home and Alexa, but not Apple Homekit.
You can make Siri Shortcuts in our Innr for Wifi app, so that you can operate your routines by voice. Open the Innr for Wifi app, press “Routines” and you’ll see a button on the lower right where you can set up your Siri Shortcuts. Say “Hey Siri” to get its attention and say the shortcuts you set up, for example: “Good Morning”.
1. Download the Innr for Wifi app in the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
2. Press the “+” button in the app and press “Add Device”.
3. Scan the QR code on your light.
4. Screw in your light and wait for the app to connect with the light.
5. Select your WiFi network and connect to it.
6. Select a room and add the light.
7. Set up your presets.
We have taken several measures to protect the WiFi bulbs (and other WiFi devices) against such abuse. All communication between the lights within the cloud has been encrypted with a unique key. These lights use a modern chipset combined with firmware with the latest security updates. Firmware updates are secured with a signature, so the only updates it accepts are from the Innr cloud.
Furthermore, all communication through the app with lights within your WiFi network are encrypted the same way your other devices in your home network are. Because of safety measures, our WiFi bulbs do not allow using an open WiFi network. It will be your own responsibility to secure your WiFi network, for instance not using a WiFi password that’s easy to guess, and only sharing this password with people you trust.