Operating Innr lights with Hey Google
Use voice control to operate your lighting
Life just got easier: just ask Google to control your Innr lights by using voice commands.
Use a simple voice command to turn your lights on or off, dim your lights or select your favourite colour for a single light bulb or a complete room, all without you needing to lift a finger.
Hey Google is integrated into the Google Home speaker and all Google Android devices. Innr Zigbee bulbs can be connected through our own Innr Bridge or a SmartThings hub. With this set-up you can control all the smart lights in your home with your voice. Start with “Hey Google” and your assistant is there to help. Note: If you have Innr WiFi Bulbs only, these will not work with a Bridge, but the connection process is the same.
It’s easy to get started. Tap the “+” button in the Google Home app, select “Set up device“, and select the Works with Google option. Search for “Innr” and select the Innr Action. Then, authenticate with your Innr app username and password to link your Innr system to the Google Assistant.
Easily control your Innr lights with Google Home commands. Simply say “Hey Google” to get its attention and replace these examples with your own personal light and room settings. There are many voice commands, we have selected the most common commands for you.
Note: Create your own room(s) and room name(s) in the Google Home App, the room settings in the Innr app will not be visible in the Google Home app. The name of a light can be changed in the Innr app and also in the Google Home app.
Here are some of our favourite phrases:
- “Hey Google, turn on the lights in the kitchen”
- “Hey Google, dim the bedroom lights”
- “Hey Google, set the reading light to 50%”
- “Hey Google, set the ceiling lamp to red”
- “Hey Google, activate good morning”
Basic light commands:
For turning on and off your light, brightening and dimming.
- “Hey Google, turn on all the lights”
- “Hey Google, make the reading light brighter”
- “Hey Google, set the living room lights 50%”
- “Hey Google, brighten the lights in the kitchen”
- “Hey Google, dim the ceiling lamp by 20%”
For changing the white colours and for adding some fun colours.
- “Hey Google, make the dinner lights warm white”
- “Hey Google, make my reading lights daylight white”
- “Hey Google, set my bedroom light to gold”
- “Hey Google, set the kitchen lights to sky blue ”
- “Hey Google, turn my ceiling lamp to lavender”
There are many other colour names you can use, including but not limited to: warm white, soft white, white, daylight white, cool white, red, crimson, salmon, orange, gold, yellow, green, turquoise, cyan, sky blue, blue, purple, magenta, pink and lavender.
Light scene commands:
For activating a scene (routine) to your light(s) or room(s)
- “Hey Google, activate Family Time in the kitchen”
- “Hey Google, set the living room lights to Relax”
- “Hey Google, turn on Work in the office”
- “Hey Google, activate Good Morning in the bedroom ”
- “Hey Google, turn on Good Night in the bedroom”
You can edit and enable/disable a scene in the Google Home app.
Simply say “Hey Google” to get its attention and replace these examples with your own scene settings.
Asking status commands:
For asking the status of your lights, is your light on or off, and what is the dimming level?
- “Hey Google, are all the lights in the living room on?”
- “Hey Google, is the ceiling light on?”
- “Hey Google, what is the dim level of my bedroom light?”
Google Assistant is so smart that you don’t need to use these exact commands. Feel free to change them to best suit your everyday speech and lifestyle.
About Hey Google
Hey Google is built into devices that support Google Assistant and can be integrated into your smart home. To use voice control, this requires a device that supports Hey Google and SmartThings hub.
Just say “Hey Google”, ask your question and the Google Assistant is ready to help you.
Operating via Zigbee requires a bridge or a hub. WiFi doesn’t need those.
Yes and no. It is possible to control Zigbee and WiFi bulbs in the Innr App, but WiFi bulbs do not work with a Bridge.
You can use the WiFi bulbs with both Google Home and Alexa, but not Apple Homekit.
You can make Siri Shortcuts in our Innr app, so that you can operate your routines by voice. Open the Innr app, press “Routines” and you’ll see a button on the lower right where you can set up your Siri Shortcuts. Say “Hey Siri” to get its attention and say the shortcuts you set up, for example: “Good Morning”.